Expired Passport – How to renew my expired passport fast

With summer quickly approaching, many Americans are getting ready for vacations in various parts of the world. With so many things to prepare for, it is possible to sometimes forget the most important thing when traveling abroad: a passport. Worst, you have an expired passport. Do not worry. There is a way to obtain a passport quickly.

Typically, receiving a passport takes four to six months. This can be way too long for someone who realized only a month or two before leaving that he or she has an expired passport . Fortunately, the government does offer a way to receive an expedited passport renewal. Just keep in mind that these service will cost more. Especially how quickly you may need your passport.

Expired Passport Renewal Form

According to the United States Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs, individuals who need to quickly renew their passport can do so by mailing form DS-82 to the State Department. Form DS-82 can be picked up at most United States Postal Offices or printed from the State Department website. On the website you can complete the form and then print it. If you choose to fill it out manually, you must use black ink. You must submit both the DS-82 and the passport application when applying.

Expedite Services

For even faster expedited service, individuals can drop the form off at an Authorized Passport Acceptance Facility. Typically, this will be a United States Post Office or U.S. Department of State Passport Agency. However, there are exceptions. If you need a passport in a day or two, have the expedite agent submit the application. The agent has a more direct contact with the processing department and will get results faster. For more information, be sure to call the United States Department of State or visit their website.